OFC News - Office for Children Shows How to Launch a Child Care Business
The Department of Family Services’ Office for Children will reveal the benefits and rewards of owning a home-based child care business at a workshop on Thursday, August 16, 2009 at the McLean Governmental Center. The workshop will be held at 1 p.m. and again at 7 p.m. at 1437 Balls Hill Road in McLean. The event is free; light refreshments will be served.
Becoming a child care provider allows you to own a home-based business and enjoy a personally rewarding profession. Child care providers also have the opportunity to:
- Offer an essential service to the community.
- Earn an income while spending time with their own children.
- Earn tax credits for owning a home-based business.
- Get reimbursed by the USDA Food Program for meals they serve children in their care.
- Reduce the cost of transportation and other items needed to work outside the home.
- Work at a job they love.
At the August 16 workshops, staff will explain how to get the necessary permit to legally operate a home-based child care business in Fairfax County.
The Office for Children provides free training in all aspects of caring for children. Find more information about becoming a child care provider here.