Coordinated Services Planning
Coordinated Services Planning (CSP)
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
WHAT CSP DOES
We provide information, referral, linkage, and advocacy to public and private human services available to Fairfax County residents. Through partnerships with community-based organizations (links to CBO wall size map PDF and letter size map PDF) and other Fairfax County agencies, we assist callers with the following services:
- Basic Needs: Emergency food, shelter, clothing, furniture, and transportation.
- Financial Assistance: Rent or mortgage assistance to prevent eviction or foreclosure, security deposit assistance to secure permanent housing, utility payments to prevent disconnection, prescription assistance, and other special needs. Assistance is determined on a case-by-case basis and is generally available only once a year.
- Health Care Services: Provide referrals for other health care services—medical, dental, eye glasses, hearing aids, mental health, substance abuse, home care, pregnancy, and family planning.
- Employment and education: Includes referrals for job training, job search, English for speakers of other languages, legal assistance, and financial literacy.
- Recreation: Referrals to recreation facilities and programs, senior centers, teen centers, and referrals for those with special needs.
- General Information and Referral: Linkage to numerous other services and programs.
Coordinated Services Planning multilingual staff is available to assist callers in the following languages: Amharic, Arabic, Dari, Farsi, French, Hindi, Italian, Korean, Pashto, Punjabi, Somali, Spanish, Swedish, Tigrinya, Urdu, and Vietnamese. CSP services are available in multiple languages through the use of interpreter services.
HOW CSP DOES IT
When you call Coordinated Services Planning, a Social Worker will listen and provide you with the information you are seeking. In some cases, this may be a simple phone number. In other cases, more in-depth work with a Social Worker may be warranted.
We will assess your individual and family situations and work with you to develop a personalized integrated service plan. The goal of the service plan is to help solve the crisis by coordinating the connection with the services and resources available within your community to address immediate and long-term needs. Services are provided by Fairfax County agencies, state and federal agencies, nonprofit organizations, community-based organizations, faith-based organizations, and some private for-profit organizations. The Human Services Resource Guide is a database that contains detailed information on resources that are available to Fairfax County residents.
CSP will also explore prevention and early intervention services and strategies available through community-based organizations and Fairfax County service providers. We encourage and promote self-sufficiency which involves economic independence and social stability.
WHAT ELSE DOES CSP DO?
CSP services also include the following:
Initial Intake to Services and Resources
- Initial screening to secure in-home services, nursing home placement, or to access other related services provided by the Department of Family Services Adult Services and Family Preservation Divisions.
- Homeless Shelter Eligibility Screening for families of Fairfax County who are seeking shelter placement and who do not have a Social Worker with the Department of Family Services.
- Assistance with completion of Section 8 and Public Housing applications for residents who are unable to navigate the online registration process.
Residents and others often ask questions such as "Last year, how many calls did you receive about ...?" CSP fiscal year reports are available by clicking on the links below. These statistics provide one measure of the needs of our community. The following reports detail the number of contacts received and the primary topics discussed as well as the number of calls answered and outgoing calls made.
- Trends in Community Needs
- Fairfax County Basic Needs Providers Survey (March 2009)
- Fairfax County Basic Needs Providers Survey: Highlights & Summary Points (March 2009)
- FY13 CSP Statistics
- FY12 CSP Statistics
- FY11 CSP Statistics
- FY10 CSP Statistics
- FY09 CSP Statistics
- FY08 CSP Statistics
- FY07 CSP Statistics
- FY06 CSP Statistics
- FY05 CSP Statistics
- FY04 CSP Statistics
- FY03 CSP Statistics
- FY02 CSP Statistics
- FY01 CSP Statistics
- FY00 CSP Statistics
- FY1999 CSP Statistics
- FY1998 CSP Statistics