Partners in Prevention Fund Capacity Building Grants
The Partners in Prevention Fund (PIPF) was established with funds from human services agencies to take advantage of available resources to build capacity in the community. It is intended to provide seed funding to provide specific evidence-based and research-based programs that address a broad array of primary prevention needs.
The fund is intended to target specific outcomes at the individual, family, neighborhood and community level.
Our programs provide an opportunity for non-governmental organizations to offer eleven (11) prevention programs that support the shared community outcomes for children and youth in Fairfax.
In a decade of the Capacity Building Grant program, hundreds of prevention programs have been implemented in Fairfax County, impacting thousands of children and adults.
New contracts will be awarded shortly for community organizations to implement programs beginning in FY 2017. The next funding opportunity is tentatively scheduled for 2019.
Programs and Partners
Eighteen organizations are currently receiving Capacity Building Grants to implement the following programs:
- Alternative House: CATCH Kids Club, Media Smart Youth, EatPlayGrow, Energize Our Families, Safe Dates, Signs of Suicide, Families Reunite
- Care for the Causes: Safe Dates
- Centreville Immigration Forum: Families Reunite
- Cornerstones: CATCH Kids Club, Media Smart Youth
- Community Preservation and Development Corporation: CATCH Kids Club
- Capital Youth Empowerment Program: Safe Dates
- Destiny Temple of Faith: Media Smart Youth, Energize Our Families, Safe Dates, Life Skills Training, Lifelines, Signs of Suicide, Families Reunite
- Edu-Futuro: Strengthening Families, Families Reunite
- FACETS: CATCH Kids Club, Media Smart Youth, EatPlayGrow, Safe Dates, Life Skills Training, Lifelines
- Family Services Network: Strengthening Families, Families Reunite
- Formed Families Forward: Life Skills Training
- First Baptist Church of Springfield: EatPlayGrow, Energize Our Families, Safe Dates, Signs of Suicide
- Grace Community Center: Life Skills Training, Lifelines, Signs of Suicide
- HACAN: Strengthening Families
- National Counseling Group: Life Skills Training, Lifelines
- SCAN of Northern Virginia: Strengthening Families, Families Reunite
- United Community Ministries: Families Reunite
- Wesley Housing Development Corporation: Energize Our Families, Safe Dates, Strengthening Families