Free Income Tax Preparation
Families throughout Northern Virginia received over $8.7 million in federal refunds last tax season through this free service.
If you worked in 2014, and earned less than $53,000, then you may qualify. IRS certified volunteers will ensure you receive the maximum tax refund and help determine if you are eligible for the earned income tax credit.
Sites open starting mid-January through April. See the
list of sites and
Please bring the following items:
- Photo ID for you and your spouse if filing jointly.
- Social Security cards or Tax Payer Identification Number (ITIN) for everyone in the family.
- All income statements: W-2, W-P, W-2G & 1099, etc.
- All income statements for each working dependent: W-2, etc.
- Voided check for direct deposit.
- Expense documents: dependent care, education-related expenses, home mortgage interest payments.
- Proof of health insurance coverage, i.e. form 1095A, insurance card, Medicare or Medicaid card.
For more information about the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance
please call 703-531-6290; TTY 711
or visit the VITA website.