Grant award may be used for:
The Active and Thriving Communities Grant program was approved by the Board of Supervisors to help certain small businesses and nonprofit organizations; including child care programs; and community-based organizations affected by the COVID-19 public health emergency.
Grant award can be used for personnel costs, rent, mortgage, utilities, facilities maintenance and insurance; COVID mitigation such as PPE, cleaning, and other health and safety practices; equipment and supplies and good and services.
- Dedicated grant webpage for Active and Thriving Communities Grant Program that includes eligibility requirements and a frequently asked question section.
- Informational webinar for child care programs interested in applying for the grant presented on August 24, 2021
• Watch the Recording in English
• Program Briefing in English
• Watch the Recording in Spanish
• Program Briefing in Spanish
- Applications will be accepted August 31 through September 21, 2021 through an online portal. Applications will be available in English and Spanish. Translation support will be provided.
Register Your Online NCS Account Today!
- Create and manage an individual or family account for everyone in the household
- Create one membership account that provides access to multiple NCS facilities
- Obtain your official NCS Membership Card to make check-in at any NCS facility easier and faster
News and Information
About Health & Human Services
This agency is a part of Fairfax County Health & Human Services (HHS). HHS is a network of county agencies and community partners that support the well-being of all who live, work, and play in Fairfax County.