Parenting Education Programs (PEP)
The Department of Family Services offers free services to help families develop important skills to grow healthy relationships with their children.
- Parenting Education Classes
- Parent Support Line
- Parent Cafés (Virtual)
- Kinship Cafés (Virtual)
- Parenting 101 Videos
- Parenting Tips and Resources
Parenting Education Classes
These free classes teach positive and effective ways parents can interact with their children at every age and stage of development. They help families to:
- Understand what to expect from children at different developmental stages and ages (0-18 years).
- Build strong, positive, respectful relationships between all family members.
- Take charge of their own feelings and behaviors, and communicate in non-threatening ways.
- Handle stress and anger better, and find alternatives for yelling and spanking.