Northern Virginia Long-Term Care Volunteer Ombudsman Program
Consider volunteering as a Long-Term Care Ombudsman! Ombudsmen advocate for the rights of residents of nursing and assisted living facilities. They also help residents resolve conflicts and improve their quality of life.
Our volunteers routinely say they get so much more than they give from this high-impact volunteer opportunity!
Call 324-5861, TTY 711 or email Lisa.Callahan@fairfaxcounty.gov
for more information.
Fairfax 50+ Podcast:
- Commit to working four hours a week for at least one year.
- Make visits to assisted living and nursing home facilities between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. on weekdays.
- Can work in any of the jurisdictions the program covers including Alexandria, Arlington, Fairfax, and Loudoun.
For additional information:
- See a position description.
- Complete a volunteer application.
- See a video about the Northern Virginia Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program.
- See frequently asked questions and answers.
- Find directions to the Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program office.
- For information on the volunteer experience, go to Long-Term Care Ombudsman Volunteers Tell It Like It Is to read what other volunteers have said.
50+ Podcast: Volunteer Advocates in Nursing Homes & Assisted