Fairfax Area Meals on Wheels and Nutritional Supplement Program
The Fairfax Area Meals on Wheels and Nutritional Supplement Program provides meals and supplements to older adults who live in Fairfax County and the cities of Falls Church and Fairfax.
- Our Services
- Who We Serve
- Request or Refer Someone for Service
- Cost of Services
- Additional Information
- Find information on Volunteering for Meals on Wheels!
Meals on Wheels five days a week – this includes:
- Two nutritious meals are delivered daily or three times a week, depending on where you live in the county.
- Ethnic Korean and Vietnamese meals are available, depending on where you live in the county.
Meal delivery on weekends in limited areas of the
- Delivered monthly to 12 sites county sites for pickup by family members/caregivers.
Meals on Wheels:
- Fairfax area residents age 60 and over and adults with disabilities who cannot shop for or prepare their own meals or have no one available to prepare meals.
- Services are targeted to persons 60 years of age and older and adults with disabilities with greatest economic and social need and older adults at risk for institutional placement.
Services available to residents of Fairfax County, City of
Fairfax and City of Falls Church.
The Nutritional Supplement Program:
- This program is available to Fairfax area residents with specific health conditions requiring supplemental liquid nutrition.
Fairfax area residents who have a written prescription from their
doctor indicating they are unable to meet nutritional needs
through normal food intake due to:
- a chronic condition
- functional, physical or mental impairment
problems swallowing and oral problems.
- Call 703-324-5409, TTY 711 to request service, make a referral or get more information.
- Family members, caregivers, friends and medical professionals can make referrals.
A social worker will arrange a home visit assessment.
- Meals on Wheels participants are given the opportunity to contribute toward the cost of the meals.
- Nutritional Supplement program participants are given the opportunity to contribute toward the cost of the nutritional supplement product.
People continue to receive meals as long as they are unable to
safely prepare their own meals.
- Meals are prepared in local hospitals, Fairfax County Public Schools, senior centers, and several ethnic food establishments under contract with Fairfax County.
- Community volunteer groups, under contract with Fairfax County, deliver the meals.
- Volunteers use their own cars to deliver meals. Mileage reimbursement is available.
Drivers must be able to lift food carriers into their
- Promote independent living for older residents of Fairfax County and the cities of Fairfax and Falls Church (referred to as the Fairfax area).
- Help older adults and adults with disabilities remain at home while recovering from surgery or other short-term medical problems.
- Help those with long-term chronic illnesses avoid or delay nursing home or other institutionalized placement.
Call the Fairfax Area
Meals on Wheels and
Nutritional Supplement Program
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Information on Volunteering
for Meals on Wheels
Or apply for services online
Online Request for