Bridges to Success
Crossing the Bridge to Self-Sufficiency
Information for clients receiving Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
Janet, a TANF client, came to Bridges to Success because she was having
trouble staying employed. She heard that the Bridges to Success program
arranges testing to identify a person’s strengths and weaknesses. Bridges
to Success staff helped her to obtain the support she needed to succeed
in the workforce. She received services such as on-the-job training,
communication and life-skills training, job coaching and help in
obtaining her high school equivalency diploma. Janet’s dedication and
determination, along with a guiding hand from Bridges to Success, led her
to become fully employed at a job she really enjoys. The Bridges to
Success program was the beginning of her journey toward
Many people go through life and never realize they have a hidden disability or other issues that may keep them from becoming self-supporting.
- Do you have difficulty understanding things you read or were you classified as a “slow learner” when you were in school?
- Do you find it hard to concentrate and/or focus on a specific task?
- Are you having trouble keeping a job?
- Have you been diagnosed by a doctor as having a learning disability or any other disabilities?
- Do you struggle with depression or feel you need to use controlled substances to function?
- Do you have an impairment or condition that is not obviously apparent or visible?
- Do you have difficulty expressing yourself clearly?
- Do you struggle with establishing and maintaining healthy social connections?
If you are currently receiving TANF and answered “yes” to any of these questions, you should contact the Bridges to Success program and find out how you can begin the journey toward a successful career.
Did you know that:
- There are many strategies that help people with learning or hidden disabilities achieve their goals.
- Sometimes these learning and hidden disabilities can keep you from finding and keeping a job.
- Our FREE program is a bridge to employment. This program can help you discover your strengths so you can find and keep a job you enjoy.
For more information about
Bridges to Success, please call
This project was supported by VDSS Solicitation #BEN- 08-007, with funds made available to Virginia from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Points of view or opinions contained within this page are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the official position or policies of VDSS or the U.S. Department of Justice/U.S Department of Health and Human Services.