We can provide speakers on a wide range of topics important to older adults and caregivers. To request a speaker, please call 703-324-7118, TTY 711. We can also provide information tables at your health and social service fairs.
Here are a few examples of presentations that we can tailor to meet the needs of your community or faith organization:
We have a wealth of information about county services for older adults to share with your group or faith community. Tell us about your group and we’ll find a presenter to meet your needs. We can supply speakers from various county departments on:
- Fairfax Area Services for Older Adults
- Medicare and Insurance
- Housing Options for Older Adults
- Recreation for Older Adults
- Choosing a Nursing Home or Assisted Living Facility
- Hiring a Home Care Provider
Volunteering with Older Adults
Family caregiving has its rewards and challenges. Our team of experts can speak to your group, faith community or business on:
- How the demands of family caregiving affects caregivers, families, and workplaces;
- Services available to caregivers in the Fairfax area;
- Handling the stress and emotional toll of caregiving.
We also provide a fall and spring series of caregiver seminars
throughout the Fairfax area as well as a course on "hands on
care" for family caregivers. Go to Fairfax
Family Caregiver Support Program and look for Education and
Lean how to make your home safer and more convenient as you grow older. Speakers with expertise in social work, occupational therapy, and home modification using universal design can speak individually or as a panel to your group or faith community.
Aging, Disability and
Caregiver Resources Line
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Or apply for services online
Online Request for