Youth Employment Center
"I didn't know what I wanted to do or where to start, but I knew I needed to get a job. The staff at Job Corner got to know me and then taught me how to get a job where I could do something I liked to do. Now, I'm getting paid to be a dance teacher for kids, and I love it! The Job Corner is also helping me finish high school soon. They really care about me achieving my goals."
- Michael, 19
The Job Corner is a helpful and friendly place where youth ages 14-23 can get help finding a job, exploring careers, and learning about options for life after high school. Employment assistance is provided at no charge, as well as many other resources to help young people succeed.
In addition to being connected to employment programs and positive people to help you achieve their goals, young adults can also get assistance with filling out applications, developing a resume, preparing for interviews, dressing for success and much more.
- Professional staff who can coach you on how to find and keep a job you like.
- Job leads, information about job fairs, summer employment programs and volunteer opportunities.
- Career assessments that show you your strengths and interests.
- Apprenticeship, college and job training resources.
- Computers with free Internet access.
- The WIA Youth Program
- Registered Apprenticeship Program
- Educating Youth through Employment Summer Program
Heritage Center, West Wing
7611 Little River Turnpike
Annandale, VA 22003
For more information or to make an appointment call Jenny Rico at 703-533-5474; TTY 711.