The Public Facilities Element of the Policy Plan provides recommendations as to where new public facilities like schools, libraries, community centers, police and fire stations are built. These policies guide agencies and decision makers on where and how to locate new and expanded facilities throughout the county.
Residents interested in learning more about this policy plan update and offering feedback on how public facilities are being incorporated into their communities are encouraged to attend a meeting this November. At each meeting, Department of Planning and Development (DPD) staff will discuss:
- What is the Public Facilities element of the Policy Plan?
- What is the intent of the plan and how is it implemented?
- Why should the plan be updated?
- How public facilities are planned, reviewed and implemented throughout the county
- Project timeline and next steps
The virtual meetings are scheduled for Wednesday, Nov. 2, noon-1:30 p.m.; Thursday, Nov. 3, 6:30-8 p.m.; and Wednesday, Nov. 9, 6:30-8 p.m.
You can also contact Salem Bush in DPD at firstname.lastname@example.org or (703) 324-1249.
Learn more about the policy plan update and upcoming meetings here.