Payment of fines and costs after conviction may be made by Internet, Mail, Phone, or In-Person for all Traffic or Criminal cases. Directions for each payment method are provided on this page.
The General District Court accepts the following payment methods:
- Check/Money Order
- Credit (Visa, MasterCard, Discover)
Online payments are made through the Supreme Court of Virginia's website. There are two pages to visit:
- How to Pay Traffic Tickets and Other Offenses - Instructions on how payments are made
- Online Case Information System - Direct link to the system to search for your case.
There are some Fairfax County-specific things to note about making online payments:
- Make sure to select Fairfax County General District Court when selecting your court to perform a search.
- If your ticket does not say "Mark for Payment", call us at 703-246-3764 to make payment by phone.
To pay by mail, send a check, money order, or credit card payment form to our mailing address. When mailing a payment, please do the following:
- Include a copy of the summons/bill you are paying
- Write your full name and case number on your check/money order
- Ensure your credit card payment form is filled out completely
Payment must be received no later than 30 calendar days after your court date or your license will be suspended. Payment is effective only upon receipt by the court, not from the date the mailing was postmarked.
The mailing address for payments is:
Fairfax County General District Court
Attention: Criminal (or Traffic) Division
PO Box 10157
Fairfax, VA 22038
If you wish to pay by phone with your credit or debit card using VISA, MASTERCARD or DISCOVER, you may call (703) 246-3764 between 6:00 AM - 6:30 PM, Monday-Friday and most Saturdays from 7:30 a.m. -1:30 p.m. Follow the prompts to key in your summons or case number and credit or debit card information.
A 4% convenience fee will be added to the amount due on all credit or debit card payments.
To pay in person, you will need to come to the Clerk’s Office at the Fairfax County Courthouse, 4110 Chain Bridge Road, Fairfax, VA 22030. This applies to Vienna and Herndon Town cases, as well. Staff is not available in the towns except on the morning of court.
- Criminal: Room 204
- Traffic: Room 106
- Hours: 8 AM - 4 PM, Monday-Friday