Payment of fines and costs may be made by Internet, Mail, Phone, or In-Person for all Traffic or Criminal cases. Directions for each payment method are provided on this page.
The General District Court accepts the following payment methods:
- Check/Money Order
- Credit (Visa, MasterCard, Discover)
Online payments are made through the Supreme Court of Virginia's website. There are two pages to visit:
- How to Pay Traffic Tickets and Other Offenses - Instructions on how payments are made
- Online Case Information System - Direct link to the system to search for your case.
There are some Fairfax County-specific things to note about making online payments:
- Make sure to select Fairfax County General District Court when selecting your court to perform a search.
- If your ticket does not say "Mark for Payment", call us at 703-246-3764 to make payment by phone.
To pay by mail, send a check, money order, or credit card payment form to our mailing address. When mailing a payment, please do the following:
- Include a copy of the summons/bill you are paying
- Write your full name and case number on your check/money order
- Ensure your credit card payment form is filled out completely
Payment must be received no later than 90 calendar days after your court date to be considered on time. Payment is effective only upon receipt by the court, not from the date the mailing was postmarked.
The mailing address for payments is:
Fairfax County General District Court
Attention: Traffic Division
4110 Chain Bridge Road, Suite 106
Fairfax, VA 22030
If you wish to pay by phone with your credit or debit card using VISA, MASTERCARD or DISCOVER, you may call (703) 246-3764 between 6:00 AM - 6:30 PM, Monday-Friday and most Saturdays from 7:30 a.m. -1:30 p.m. Follow the prompts to key in your summons or case number and credit or debit card information.
A 4% convenience fee will be added to the amount due on all credit or debit card payments.
To pay in person, you will need to come to the Clerk’s Office at the Fairfax County Courthouse, 4110 Chain Bridge Road, Room 106, Fairfax, VA 22030. This also applies if you want to pay Vienna and Herndon Town cases. Staff is not available in the Towns except on the morning of court.
- Payments Lobby - Room 106
- Hours: 8 AM - 4 PM, Monday-Friday
Fines Options Program
In lieu of payment of fines, you may be considered for the Fines Options Program, which allows you to perform community service against the amount that you owe. Please see our Fines Options Program page for more information.