Division of Environmental Health

Fairfax County, Virginia

CONTACT INFORMATION: Our Environmental Health Services office at 10777 Main Street in Fairfax is open during regular business hours 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday. Clinic services are not offered at this location.

TTY 711

10777 Main Street
Fairfax, VA 22030

Pieter A. Sheehan, REHS,
Director, Division of Environmental Health

Permit Applications, Forms and Resources

The Environmental Health lobby remains closed to the public, but services are available online and by phone. Learn more here.  


Female inspector takes notes during a restaurant kitchen inspection

Fairfax County Health Department permits and inspects certain public establishments and oversees installation, maintenance and monitoring of private wells and septic systems:

Establishments Licensed by Other Agencies

Planning, Permitting and Construction

Find information and resources for navigating through Fairfax County’s development review process.

Applications and Forms

The forms provided on this page are in Portable Document Format (PDF). To view or print them, you will need to download and install Adobe Acrobat Reader.

If you do not find the application or form you are looking for on this page or are experiencing difficulty accessing it, please contact our Customer Service Center by email at hdehd@fairfaxcounty.gov or call 703-246-2201.

See fee schedules.

Food Establishments

Onsite Well and Septic



Plan Review

Religiously Exempt Child Care Facilities

Swimming Pools

The Health Department does not issue permits for or inspect private residential pools, spas and hot tubs. Please visit Land Development Services' Building Permits page for more information about permits for residential pools.

Tattoo Establishments

Tourist Establishments

Apply for or Renew a Health Permit

Apply for a Health Permit

Apply by Mail/In Person/Email/Fax

  • Mail or deliver your application in-person to our office at:

    Fairfax County Health Department
    Division of Environmental Health
    10777 Main Street, Suite 100
    Fairfax, VA 22030

  • Send your application by email to hdehd@fairfaxcounty.gov.
  • Fax your application to 703-653-9448.

Apply Online

Religiously exempt child care facilities may apply for a permit online.

Renew Your Health Permit

You must get an annual operational permit from the Health Department before opening a public facility for use or to continue operations.

The following establishments can renew a health permit online:

  • Public Swimming Pools (year-round permits expires on Dec. 31).
  • Religiously Exempt Child Care (permits expire on Sept. 30).

If you have misplaced your renewal application or have not received it in the mail, you may request it via email at hdehd@fairfaxcounty.gov or call our Customer Service Center at 703-246-2201.

Forms of Payment Accepted

We accept cash, checks, Visa, Master Card, and Discover. Please call our Customer Service Center at 703-246-2201 to make the payment by credit card.


Fairfax Virtual Assistant