Fairfax County Health Department permits and inspects certain public establishments and oversees installation, maintenance and monitoring of private wells and septic systems:
- Food Establishments
- Private Wells and Septic Systems
- Religiously Exempt Child Care Facilities
- Swimming Pools
- Tattoo Establishments
- Tourist Establishments (Hotels, Bed and Breakfasts, Campgrounds, Summer Camps)
Massage Establishment and Massage Therapist Licenses
Massage establishments are licensed by the Fairfax County Department of Cable and Consumer Services. Please contact that department for information about permitting.
Applications and Forms
The forms provided on this page are in Portable Document Format (PDF). To view or print them, you will need to download and install Adobe Acrobat Reader.
If you do not find the application or form you are looking for on this page or are experiencing difficulty accessing it, please contact our Customer Service Center by email at email@example.com or call 703-246-2201.
See fee schedules.
Onsite Well and Septic
- Permit Application for Onsite Sewage Disposal System and Well
- Application for an Evaluation of Existing Well Water and/or Sewage Disposal Systems
- Application for Registration of Individual Well Water System Contractor
- Application for Registration of Individual Sewage Disposal Contractor
- Application for Registration of Sewage Handling Contractor
- Application for Registration of Portable Toilet Facilities
- Request for a Routine Water Sample
Religiously Exempt Child Care Facilities
- Swimming Pool Codes and Permits
- Requirements for Proposed Public Swimming Pool Facility: Bathhouse Pool Plans Only | Pool Plans Only
The Health Department does not issue permits for or inspect private residential pools, spas and hot tubs. Please visit Land Development Services' Building Permits page for more information about permits for residential pools.