The Fairfax County Department of Planning and Zoning conducts many high-profile projects and studies, as well as proposed amendments to the Comprehensive Plan and the Zoning Ordinance. Detailed information for each topic is available below:
- Short Term Property Rentals in Fairfax County
- Reston PRC Zoning Ordinance Amendment
- Zoning Ordinance Modernization Initiative
- Proposed Zoning Ordinance Amendments
Proposed amendments to the Fairfax County Zoning Ordinance
- Proposed Comprehensive Plan Amendments
Current Comprehensive Plan amendments and special studies.
- James M. Scott Exceptional Design Awards
- Sponsored by the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors and administered by the Department of Planning and Zoning and the Architectural Review Board, the James M. Scott Exceptional Design Awards program recognizes achievement in the total design of building and site; and creates an awareness of outstanding planning and design projects among design professions and the general public.
- Lorton/Laurel Hill Property
On July 15, 2002, Fairfax County received title to the former D.C. Department of Corrections facility at Lorton. The Laurel Hill Adaptive Reuse Citizens Task Force was established by the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors to guide the master planning of the adaptive reuse areas of Laurel Hill.
- Capital Improvement Program
The Capital Improvement Program (CIP) is a five year guide for creating, maintaining and funding the County's present and future infrastructure requirements.