What's New for 2021
- Real Estate Assessment Notices Mailed Feb. 23, 2021
- 2021 Real Estate Assessments Now Available
- Average Residential Increase 4.25%
- Real Estate Tax Rate Reduction; Modest Investments Included in FY 2022 Budget Proposal
- Administrative Appeal deadline moved to April 1, 2021
2021 Property Tax Assessment Informational Flyer (included with Notice of Assessment Change):
The Board of Supervisors sets the general tax rate that applies to all real property in the county. Your tax bill might include other taxes related to special taxing districts and/or service fees.
If you believe that your property is incorrectly assessed, you can file an appeal with the department or with the Board of Equalization.
Appeals may also be filed for properties that have been damaged, destroyed, or that have been impaired by violence.
Mobile homes are assessed and taxed through the Vehicle Tax. More information can be found on the Vehicle Tax page.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some frequently asked questions relating to real estate taxes in Fairfax County.