Land Development Process Overview
The development process in Fairfax County involves comprehensive reviews by numerous county and non-county agencies and may involve many steps before a project can be approved.
Every project is unique and subject to its own set of requirements depending on the location and complexities of the project.
Featured News Headlines
- Learn About Proposed Zoning Changes That May Affect Your Neighborhood
- New BizEx Program Helps Small Businesses Navigate Regulatory Processes
- Video: 2018 Tysons Open House
- New Policy Helps Empty Offices in Suburban Neighborhoods Convert to New Uses
- RECenter Sustainability Report to be Presented Publicly at June 5 Meeting
- Embark Richmond Highway Plan Approved; Brings Bus Rapid Transit, Development
Our Office of Community Revitalization helps the strategic redevelopment within targeted commercial areas, including:
- Bailey's Crossroads/Seven Corners
- Lake Anne (Reston)
- Richmond Highway Corridor
In Your Backyard!
Land use and planning can be as local as your backyard and surrounding neighborhood. Here are some resources you can use: