Ten commissioners are appointed by the Board of Supervisors to three-year terms: three commissioners represent tenants, three represent landlords, and four represent the community-at-large.
- Robert H. Chamberlain - Chairperson
- Vincent J. Fusaro, CFE
- Shahana B. Islam - Condominium Owner
- Jade Harberg - Vice-Chairperson
- Amy Purnell
- Karen M. Geier-Smith - Vice-Chairperson
- Paula Park - Secretary
The Tenant-Landlord Commission meets the second Thursday of the month, at 7:30 p.m. at the Fairfax County Government Center. Meetings are open to the public and time is available for public comment.
To give objective and fair assistance to the county’s tenants and landlords.
- To advise the Board of Supervisors of tenant-landlord problems and trends
- To educate the public concerning rights and responsibilities of tenants and landlords
- To inform tenants and landlords of the mediation and arbitration services available through Consumers Affairs
- To recommend changes in tenant-landlord laws at all levels of government
- To represent Fairfax County before legislative, public and private bodies
- Arbitrate tenant-landlord complaints referred by the Consumer Affairs Branch
- County staff handles the day-to-day inquiries for information, referrals, advice and mediation from citizens regarding consumer issues.
- Staff is available to assist citizens Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Tenant-Landlord Commission Agenda Package - April 8, 2021
- Meeting Canceled Tenant-Landlord Commission Agenda Package - February 11, 2021
- Tenant-Landlord Commission Agenda Package – December 10, 2020
- Tenant-Landlord Commission Agenda Package – October 8, 2020
- Tenant-Landlord Commission Agenda Package – August 13, 2020
Public Service Announcement
Available now for you to watch are two short Public Service Announcements (PSA) about renter's insurance brought to you by the Fairfax County Tenant-Landlord Commission: