Thirteen commissioners are appointed by the Board of Supervisors to three-year terms. At least seven are consumers not actively engaged in business in Fairfax County.
- John T. Fee, Chairman
- Harold G. Belkowitz, Esq.
- Wesley P. Callender
- Denis Gulakowski, Vice-Chairman
- Dirck A. Hargraves, Esq.
- Scott Hine
- Umair Javed
- Mehmood S. Kazmi
- Dennis Dean Kirk, Esq.
- Michael J. Roark
- Jacqueline G. Rosier
- Rod Woodruff, Secretary
Third Tuesday of each month at 7:30 p.m. at the Fairfax County Government Center. Meetings are open to the public and time is available for public comment.
To help protect Fairfax County consumers from illegal, fraudulent or deceptive consumer practices in the marketplace.
• To advise the Board of Supervisors on issues regarding consumer affairs and cable communications.
• To work with the Department of Cable and Consumer Services on consumer issues.
• To hold hearings to approve applications for taxicab certificates.
• County staff handles the day-to-day inquiries for information, referrals, advice and mediation from citizens regarding consumer issues.
• Staff is available to assist citizens Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.