UAS Airspace Map
This application provides a reference for Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) pilots flying missions in Fairfax County.
Fairfax County does not maintain or service the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) data layers in this application and pilots should ensure compliance with all applicable FAA regulations when conducting operations.
What the Program Does
The UAS program is designed to support a variety of government mission types including:
- Search and rescue
- Flooding assessments
- Pre- and post-disaster damage assessments
- Crash reconstruction
- Fire incident/scene management and investigations
- Hazardous materials responses
- Situational awareness for wildlife management
What the Program Does NOT Do
The UAS program will not be used:
- To conduct random surveillance activities
- To target a person based solely on individual characteristics, such as, but not limited to race, ethnicity, gender, national origin, religion or disability
- To harass, intimidate or discriminate against any individual or group
- To conduct personal business or any other unauthorized use
Public Feedback Closed
The public feedback period has now closed. A series of public meetings were held and written comments on the draft program were previously submitted by the close of business Feb. 8, 2019, to be included in the official public record.
Additional comments can be made at UAS@fairfaxcounty.gov or by calling 571-350-1234, TTY 711.