On September 17, St. Mark’s Lutheran Church brought the community together for their second annual Multicultural Celebration and Health Fair. Attendees spent the afternoon getting connected to community resources, receiving health services, and celebrating culture.
Over 20 agencies and organizations participated to provide services, supplies, information, and more:
- Neighborhood Health administered COVID-19 vaccines to 30 people
- Lions Club conducted 38 vision screenings
- MCCP Foundation provided dental screenings for 27 children and handed out dental hygiene kits and free children’s books
- GMU MAP Clinic conducted 5 school physicals in the Fairfax County CareVan
- ICNA Relief distributed 80+ food boxes
- Second Story and ICNA Relief distributed 309 backpacks
- Stronger2 partner, the Psi Alpha Alpha Chapter of the Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc., shared information about Stronger2 and assisted volunteers from the Asian American Community Center in serving food to attendees
Through collaboration with these organizations, public health was brought into the community to meet people where they are and provide the vital resources they need.