Help us spread the word about This is Quitting!
Use these resources to help encourage teens and young adults to sign up and get support to help stop vaping. Key messages help highlight the important points to share and can be adapted to fit your own needs and products. Or you can simply copy and past the social media posts and newsletter messages into your own channels.
- Fairfax County youth were more likely than their peers nationally to report vaping nicotine and marijuana in the past month.
- The brain is still developing until about age 25. Nicotine, found in 99% of vape products, is addictive and can harm brain development. It can also affect mood and focus.
- Vaping can harm the lungs, which are vital parts of the immune system. Vaping can make it harder for lungs to fight off infections.
- If you're ready to quit vaping, you aren't alone. There are resources that can help you quit at your own pace.
- This is Quitting offers free, 24/7 support that is totally anonymous.
- Sign up for This is Quitting messages and get free advice from real people to help you deal with cravings, stresses, and slips.