ELECTION DAY PARTICIPATION PROGRAM FOR
HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS
Please note the High School Page Program only applies to November elections.
Mandatory: If you are under the age of 18, you must have the approval of your parent/guardian in order to participate in the election page program.
Are you at least 16 years old, live in Virginia, and actively enrolled in high school? Would you like to learn more about the electoral process and earn service-learning hours that can be applied towards the Seal of Excellence in Civics Education?
The Office of Elections is offering you the opportunity to serve inside a Fairfax County polling place as an election page for the upcoming November election.
We also encourage students fluent in a second language to apply.
AS AN ELECTION PAGE, YOU WILL...
- Complete the required online training class and pass the quiz.
- Serve an 8-hour shift inside a Fairfax County polling place under the direct supervision of the Chief Election Officer.
- Arrive on time and remain at the polling place during your assigned shift.
- Maintain impartiality while serving--not discussing politics, candidates, or issues.
- Dress appropriately: no shorts, sweats, or t-shirts.
- Use appropriate language and behavior at all times.
- Not receive compensation for serving.
MANDATORY TRAINING FOR STUDENT ELECTION PAGES
THE 2022 PAGE PROGRAM IS CLOSED. NO ADDITIONAL APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- Before you receive an Election Day assignment, training is required. The training covers election procedures, voting systems, and how to assist older voters and persons with disabilities.
- A live Zoom was held on Monday, October 3, at 6:00 p.m. After taking the training class, each applicant must pass a quiz covering the training materials with a score of 90%.
- The training class was recorded for those unable to attend the live Zoom session. The link to the training and the quiz will be emailed to each applicant.
- All training requirements must be completed by Monday, October 10.
- Your Election Day assignment will be emailed after Saturday, October 15.
In recognition of service provided, you will be sent a "Certificate of Appreciation" following the election.
Please note: If you will be 18 on or before the November Election, and are registered to vote, you may work as an Election Officer. Additional election officer information and applications can be found at Working at the Polls.
or call us at 703-324-4735