January 8, 2019 Special Election
On Election Day Polls Are Open From 6:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m.
A special election will be held on Tuesday, January 8, 2019, to fill the unexpired term of the 33rd District seat in the Virginia State Senate. The term expires on December 31, 2019. The 33rd Senate District includes parts of Fairfax and Loudoun Counties. Only qualified voters of the 33rd District are eligible to vote in this election.
ON THE BALLOT
- Member, Senate of Virginia - 33rd District
- Writ calling for a Special Election to be held on January 8, 2019
- January 2, 2019: Voter Registration Deadline 5:00 p.m., Online: 11:59 p.m.
- Voter Photo ID Requirements
- Upcoming Voter Photo ID Opportunities
- Absentee Voting Information
- What's on My Ballot?
- Candidate Contact Information
SAMPLE BALLOTS - (All ballots include English, Spanish, Vietnamese and Korean languages)
- Member, Senate of Virginia 33rd District - Sample Ballot (TBA)
Member, Senate of Virginia - 33rd District
33rd Senate District - Fairfax County Precincts (33rd District also includes parts of Loudoun County)
- 235 Frying Pan
- 237 McNair
- 319 Herndon #1
- 320 Herndon #2
- 324 Herndon #3
- 325 Hutchison
- 332 Coates
- 902 Brookfield
- 905 Franklin
- 931 Carson
BALLOT QUESTIONS (All ballot questions are available in English, Spanish, Vietnamese and Korean)
Registering to Vote in Virginia
Did you know that when you register to vote in Virginia, you DO NOT register to vote by party? Virginia is an Open Primary state which means that any registered voter in Virginia can vote in either a Democratic or Republican primary. When both parties are holding a primary election, you will be asked which primary you want to vote in when you check in to vote with your photo ID. Note, you may only vote in one primary.