November 7, 2017 General and Special Elections - Sample Ballots, Candidate Information, Ballot Questions
On Election Day Polls Are Open From 6:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m.
On the Ballot: Governor, Lieutenant Governor, Attorney General and Member, House of Delegates (HOD)
- Voter Photo ID Requirements
- Do you know where you vote?
- Sept 22: In-Person Absentee Voting begins
- Oct 9: Columbus Day - OFFICE CLOSED
- Oct 16: Voter Registration Deadline 5:00 p.m., Online: 11:59 p.m.
- Oct 31: Deadline to apply for an Absentee Ballot by mail, 5:00 p.m.
- Nov 4: Final Day, In-Person Absentee Voting, 5:00 p.m.
- Nov 7: Absentee Ballot return deadline, 7:00 p.m.
SAMPLE BALLOTS (All ballots include English, Spanish, Vietnamese and Korean languages)
- 34th HOD Sample Ballot .pdf
- 35th HOD Sample Ballot .pdf
- 36th HOD Sample Ballot .pdf
- 37th HOD Sample Ballot .pdf
- 38th HOD Sample Ballot .pdf
- 39th HOD Sample Ballot .pdf
- 40th HOD Sample Ballot .pdf
- 41st HOD Sample Ballot .pdf
- 42nd HOD Sample Ballot .pdf
- 43rd HOD Sample Ballot .pdf
- 44th HOD Sample Ballot .pdf
- 45th HOD Sample Ballot .pdf
- 48th HOD Sample Ballot .pdf
- 49th HOD Sample Ballot .pdf
- 53rd HOD Sample Ballot .pdf
- 67th HOD Sample Ballot .pdf
- 86th HOD Sample Ballot .pdf
Voter Registration: If you are already registered at your current address, you do not need to register again.
Please report change of name or address
To remain a qualified registered voter, the law requires you to notify your local voter registration office of any change in your name or address. This must be done before the registration books close for the next election. The deadline is 22 days prior to any general or primary election and 13 days before a special election, or 6 days prior to a special election called by the Governor (Code of Virginia §24.2-416).
You can submit your request for change of name and/or address by submitting a new Virginia Voter Registration Form, either by mail at P.O. Box 10161, Fairfax, VA 22038-8061, by fax (703-324-2205), email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or online at the Virginia Department of Elections website When submitting a form to our office the change notice must include your signature to be valid. Change requests cannot be made by telephone. We can accept a scanned change request via email; the scanned change request must include your signature.
After your change is processed, you will be mailed a new Voter
Information Notice. If a new notice does not arrive within a few weeks,
please call us at 703-222-0776 to confirm that your change was
You will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader program installed on your computer to view and/or print these documents. If you do not have the Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer, click on the image below to go to the Adobe Systems download site. Download and install the program according to the instructions. Adobe Acrobat Reader is free and is distributed by Adobe Systems.