Are you interested in pursuing a career in the healthcare industry? The Avenues to Career Training program (ACT) offers a free 8-week training series to prepare participants to pursue a medical certification program and enter a career field with a strong labor market demand.
Through the 8-week course, students will learn medical terminology, general healthcare knowledge, computer training and financial literacy classes, and undertake a career exploration project to learn about job opportunities they would like to pursue.
Staff will be hosting six Course Information Sessions via ZOOM throughout the month of January - ahead of the program's February launch date:
January 5, 7, 12, 14, 19 or 21
at 1 p.m.
(Use the upcoming events calendar to select your desired session)
or Call 703-704-6101 or Email info@FECsoco.org
to request the Zoom link and access instructions.
Course Requirement / Commitments:
- Be a Fairfax County Resident
- Have intermediate English proficiency
- Have the ability to read a textbook (grade 9 reading level)
- Have basic computer skills
- Have internet access and access to a computer, tablet, or smartphone with camera and microphone.
- Be willing to actively participate (camera on) and attend every class on-time
- Have a positive attitude
The 8-week course will begin February 1, 2021 and run through March 26, 2021. Classes will be held weekdays from 1 to 3 p.m. ACT is provided in partnership with Britepaths, the United Way of the National Capital Area, Computer Core, and the Financial Empowerment Center at South County.