Hunter Mill District Supervisor Walter Alcorn encourages everyone who can to consider volunteering or donating to assist our local community organizations noted below or through your own faith community or civic organization. If you are a Hunter Mill District based nonprofit or community-based organization and would like to be considered for inclusion on this list, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
SPARC (Specially Adapted Resource Clubs)
- SPARC is a day program for people with disabilities located at Southgate Community Center and other locations. Every participant takes part in ways that are adapted to their abilities.
- Nonprofit that promotes self-sufficiency by providing support and advocacy for those in need of food, shelter, affordable housing, quality childcare and other human services.
- Donate or volunteer to support lower income older residents.
- A nonprofit organization that provides crisis intervention, safe housing and supportive services to homeless families and victims of domestic violence in our community.
- Monetary donations are needed to help feed local teens and their families.
- Resources and donations needed to assist the Southgate Advisory Council's mission to support programming at the Center.
- Support this community organization that provides free harm reduction and recovery support services and advocacy for people impacted by substance use.
- Serves adults with developmental disabilities, their families and our communities by providing quality, comprehensive residential and community support services.
- An all volunteer organization that provides good and services to those in need.
- Nonprofit dedicated to bringing dignity and empowerment to women living in shelters by providing underwear, tampons and pads.
- Provides access to services that empower and equip the underserved in our community through education, community engagement and other essential services.
- Provides mental health counseling, support and education to local residents.
- The all-volunteer staff at LINK provides emergency food to people in need in the Herndon, Sterling and Ashburn, communities.
- Donations enable members of our community get through financial crises.