The Hunter Mill District is experiencing rapid growth and redevelopment in many areas directly impacted by the opening of the Metrorail Silver Line. Stay current with proposed land use projects in the district, along with proposed zoning amendments and special projects in the County.
Once a land use application is "accepted" by the County, it moves through consideration stages for public hearings and comments: the Hunter Mill District Land Use Committee, the County's Planning Commission, and finally, the Board of Supervisors public hearings.
TOP LAND USE TOPICS AND NEWS:
- Reston Comprehensive Plan Task Force
- Reston Comprehensive Plan Task Force Virtual Meeting, Monday, July 13, 7 to 9 p.m. More information, including members and agenda. The meeting is hosted on the Webex platform - use this link to attend and participate in the meeting. You will be prompted to register with your email address and zip code before logging into meeting. If you prefer to only listen to the meeting, you may call 1-408-418-9388 and use Access Code:129 944 4550. This is also the number to use if accessing TTY 711. In addition, you can watch the meeting on YouTube Live. (Note - each meeting has a unique link and call-in information.)
- zMOD Consolidated Draft now available. The proposed Zoning Ordinance consolidates the current 20 articles and six appendices into nine articles and one appendix. The draft represents a consolidation of the previously released installments, with revisions as a result of feedback received throughout the process and additional work by staff and Clarion, as described in Attachment 1. Learn more.
Reston Planning & Zoning Committee Virtual Meeting, July 20, 7:30 p.m. More information.
- Wiehle Pedestrian Crossing Study Group Virtual Meeting was Thursday, June 18, 7 to 9 p.m. You can watch the meeting here.
- Reston PRC Zoning Ordinance Amendment
- Reston Town Center North
- Short Term Property Rentals