What's New Now: Winter 2022
Reston Town Center North Task Force, Jan. 30, 7 p.m.
The first meeting of the Reston Town Center North Task Force, which includes representatives from surrounding neighborhoods, is Monday, Jan. 30, 7 p.m. in the community room at the North County Governmental Center, 1801 Cameron Glen Dr., Reston. Learn more about Reston Town Center North redevelopment.
Upcoming Site-Specific Plan Amendment Meetings
The Site-Specific Plan Amendment (SSPA) process allows anyone to propose a land use change to the Comprehensive Plan, the guiding document for land use and development decisions in Fairfax County. Thirteen SSPA proposals (called “nominations”) in the Hunter Mill District will be reviewed in a series of virtual community meetings in January and February. Community members are invited to attend the meetings, learn more about the proposed land use changes, and provide input. More information on the nominations and the process can be found on the county’s Track a Nomination website. An interactive webmap showing the location of the SSPA nominations can be accessed here. Following the community meetings, the nominations will be reviewed by the Planning Commission in a public workshop in February to determine which should be recommended for formal study on the Comprehensive Plan Amendment Work Program. Action by the Board of Supervisors on the Work Program is anticipated in March/April 2023.
Important Note: Formal review of any Reston nominations that are added to the Work Program will not begin until after the completion of the ongoing Reston Comprehensive Plan Study.
Tuesday, Jan. 17, 7 p.m.: Group 1 Reston Nominations
Watch meeting here.
- CPN22-HM-003 Commerce Metro Center (1850 and 1900 Centennial Park Drive, 11440, 11480 Commerce Park Drive and vacant land with no address assigned)
- CPN22-HM-007 Preston White (1893-1897 Preston White Drive)
- CPN22-HM-009 Association Drive (1900, 1920, 1904, 1906, 1910, 1912, and 1914 Association Drive)
Thursday, Jan.19, 7 p.m.: Group 2 Reston Nominations
- CPN22-HM-001 RTC Partnership LLC (1760 Reston Parkway)
- CPN22-HM-004 RMC Owner LLC (12120 Sunrise Valley Drive)
- CPN22-HM-005 Reston Corner (12001, 12005, and 12007 Sunrise Valley Drive)
- CPN22-HM-006 1960 RCP LLC (1950 Roland Clarke Place)
Tuesday, Jan. 31, 7 p.m.: Group 3 Reston and Hunter Mill Nominations
- CPN22-HM-002, Michael Faraday Court, 1805 Michael Faraday Court
- CPN22-HM-010, Samuel Morse Drive, 1810, 1825, and 1850 Samuel Morse Drive and 11111 Sunset Hills Road
- CPN22-HM-013, Brookfield Properties, 1620, 1621, 1624, 1627, 1628, and 1630 Hunter Mill Road, 1623, 1627, and 1631 Crowell Road, 10700, 10718, 10728, 10736, and 10800 Sunset Hills Road
- CPN22-HM-014 – Lake Fairfax Business Center, 11100 Wildlife Center Drive, 1759, 1760, 1761, 1768, 1769, and 1771 Business Center Drive
- CPN22-HM-015, Crowell Road, 1533, 1538, 1542, 1546, 1616, and 1620 Crowell Road
Wednesday, Feb. 1: Tysons Nominations
Link to the meeting (MS Teams)
- CPN22-HM-0012, Koons Chevrolet, 2000 and 2050 Chain Bridge Road
Reston Comprehensive Plan Information
Town of Vienna
Video Archives of Hunter Mill District Meetings
- Videos of several community meetings are available to watch on Supervisor Alcorn's YouTube Channel.