Cathy Hudgins Community Center
- Support the Cathy Hudgins Community Center at Southgate by making a donation to Friends of Southgate Community Center, Inc. Friends of Southgate is a nonprofit that financially supports the Center to forward the Southgate Advisory Council’s mission of increasing programming at the Center and also furthering the Reston community’s awareness of and engagement with the Center. A tax-deductible donation can be made online at www.southgatecommunitycenter.org (click More/Donate). For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SPARC (Specially Adapted Resource Clubs)
- SPARC is a day program for people with disabilities located at Southgate Community Center and other locations. Every participant takes part in ways that are adapted to their abilities.
Cornerstones and Embry Rucker Emergency Shelter
- Nonprofit that promotes self-sufficiency by providing support and advocacy for those in need of food, shelter, affordable housing, quality childcare and other human services.
Lake Anne and Hunters Woods Fellowship Houses
- Donate or volunteer to support lower income older residents.
- A nonprofit organization that provides crisis intervention, safe housing and supportive services to homeless families and victims of domestic violence in our community.
- Monetary donations are needed to help feed local teens and their families.
Friends of Southgate Community Center
- Resources and donations needed to assist the Southgate Advisory Council's mission to support programming at the Center.
- Support this community organization that provides free harm reduction and recovery support services and advocacy for people impacted by substance use.
Helping Hungry Kids of Northern Virginia
- Established in 2009 to provide weekend food bags to Reston elementary school children who often go hungry on weekends. This program was further expanded to provide in-school snack bars to those children often too hungry to focus on their school work.
Langley Residential Support Services
- Serves adults with developmental disabilities, their families and our communities by providing quality, comprehensive residential and community support services.
Committee for Helping Others (CHO)
- An all-volunteer organization that provides good and services to those in need.
Bringing Resources to Aid Women's Shelters (BRAWS)
- Nonprofit dedicated to bringing dignity and empowerment to women living in shelters by providing underwear, tampons and pads.
- Provides access to services that empower and equip the underserved in our community through education, community engagement and other essential services.
- Provides mental health counseling, support and education to local residents.
- Provides assistance to families at risk of homelessness
- Distributes food to neighbors facing food insecurity
Promotes philanthropy in children and families by creating volunteer opportunities to support feeding neighbors in need.
- Assists older adults with aging in place with services, companionship and community.
- The all-volunteer staff at LINK provides emergency food to people in need in the Herndon, Sterling and Ashburn, communities.
- Donations enable members of our community get through financial crises.
- Supports the physical and emotional needs of our community’s most vulnerable children