The Fairfax-Falls Church Community Services Board is committed to finding ways to assist the individuals we serve as we navigate the significant impact the COVID-19 pandemic is presenting across the country and in our communities.
We are continuing our efforts to reduce the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) by minimizing face-to-face interactions and still supporting the individuals we serve, our community and staff.
We are adjusting our site hours open to the public effective Monday, March 23, 2020 and until further notice. Individuals currently receiving CSB services will continue to be served, sometimes in person but more often during this time, through our recently added telehealth services.
New CSB hours
- Lobby – 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Monday-Friday)
- 2nd Floor – 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Monday, Thursday and Friday) and 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Tuesday and Wednesday)
- 3rd Floor – 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Monday-Friday)
- Addiction Medication Clinic (AMC) – 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Monday-Friday)
- Lower Level / Emergency Services (ES) – No change
We are now able to offer telehealth services such as therapy, counseling, case management and prescribing, via Zoom for Telehealth. This easy-to-use and convenient service include video and teleconferencing. Contact one of our locations to learn more about these services.
Mental health resources
The outbreak of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) may be stressful for people. Fear and anxiety about a disease can be overwhelming. If you are struggling with mental health issues during this stressful time, the CSB has resources to help:
- If it is not an emergency situation, but you or someone you care about needs mental health services, call our Entry & Referral Services during normal business hours (Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.) at 703-383-8500, TTY 711. Staff can take calls in English and Spanish and can access interpreters for other languages when needed.
- Call 911 if immediately life-threatening and ask for a Crisis Intervention trained officer. For emergency mental health services 24 hours a day seven days a week call 703-573-5679, TTY 711. The Fairfax Detoxification Center can be reached 24 hours a day seven days a week by calling 703-573-5679, TTY 711. Residents can also come directly to the Merrifield Center at 8221 Willow Oaks Corporate Drive, Fairfax.
Contact for news media inquiries: Lisa Flowers, Communications Director, 571-474-5435 (cell) or 703-324-7006 (office).