Plans to bring Capital Bikeshare to Tysons and Reston this fall have taken another step forward with the selection of 29 station locations.
Tysons will feature 80 bikes at these 14 locations:
Reston will feature 132 bikes at these 15 locations:
In January, the Board of Supervisors approved the $1.7 million plan to bring the Capital Bikeshare system. The bikeshare system allows you to check out a bike and ride short to moderate distances from bikeshare station to bikeshare station.
To make Bikeshare work, dedicated bike lanes are being added in Tysons and Reston. For example, last summer, new bike lanes and shared lane markings were created in Tysons:
- Greensboro Drive: From International Drive to Spring Hill Road
- Westbranch Drive: From Jones Branch Drive to Westpark Drive
- Westpark Drive: From International Drive to Jones Branch Drive
- Park Run Drive: From Jones Branch Drive to Westpark Drive
- Jones Branch Drive: From Westpark Drive to 495 HOT lanes bridge
As part of our bicycle master plan and by mutual agreement, the Virginia Department of Transportation and the county partner to identify, design and implement bike projects as part of VDOT’s repaving program.