- This event has passed.
Sheriff’s Inmate Resource Fair, Sept. 26, Focuses on Successful Community Re-entry
September 26, 2017Free
The Fairfax County Sheriff’s Office will hold its sixth Inmate Resource Fair at the Adult Detention Center on Tuesday, September 26, 2017, to help inmates connect with the community resources they will need when they are released from jail. The Sheriff’s Office sponsors the biannual fairs in partnership with the Fairfax Re-entry Council. About 200 inmates will circulate through the fair in small groups during the event.
“I have made inmate re-entry programs a top priority for the Sheriff’s Office,” said Sheriff Stacey A. Kincaid. “We offer a variety of education and life skills programs so inmates can take positive steps toward self-improvement during their incarceration. We further our re-entry efforts through resource fairs, where we bring into the jail our public and private partners who represent housing, employment, behavioral health care, legal resources and much more. Encouraging inmates to make these connections now will aid in their future transition back to the community. The more tools for success we give them, the less likely they are to commit another crime post-release and return to jail. Our entire community benefits.”
Participating vendors include:
- Alcoholic Anonymous (AA)/Northern Virginia Intergroup, Inc.
- Equal Justice Works-Legal Services of Northern Virginia
- Fairfax County ASAP
- Fairfax-Falls Church Community Services Board
- Fairfax County Department of Family Services
- Fairfax Probation and Parole (Virginia Department of Corrections)
- Fairfax County Public Defender’s Office
- Fairfax County Public Library
- Food for Others
- Friends of Guest House
- League of Women Voters of the Fairfax Area
- Linden Resources
- Neighbor’s Keeper
- Northern Virginia Community College
- OAR of Fairfax
- Oxford House
- PRS, Incorporated
- SAARA of Virginia
- Salvation Army
- The Office for Women & Domestic and Sexual Violence Services & Domestic Violence Action Center (DVAC)
- The SkillSource Group, Inc.
- Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act “WIOA” Youth Program