An online progress report is now available for our community to stay updated on the implementation of recommendations made by the county’s Ad Hoc Police Practices Review Commission. It is a point-in-time snapshot meant to provide you with a readable yet detailed look at the status of this process.
The Board of Supervisors established the Ad Hoc Police Practices Review Commission last March to recommend changes, consistent with Virginia law, that would help our county to achieve its goal of maintaining a safe community, ensuring a culture of public trust and making sure our policies provide for the fair and timely resolution of police-involved incidents.
- The recommendations list is sortable by subcommittee and implementation status:
- In Progress
- Under Review
- The report will be updated as needed, but at least quarterly following meetings of the Board of Supervisors’ Public Safety Committee.
- Progress may change significantly as a result of a single action by the Board of Supervisors (the creation of Diversion First, for example). The date and details of changes will appear on the report.
- If you have questions about the current status of a recommendation, click the link under Contact on the row of the relevant recommendation.
- For general questions regarding the Progress Report or the Ad Hoc Commission, please email Chairman@fairfaxcounty.gov or call 703-324-2321, TTY 711.