The Board of Supervisors approved the new county budget for Fiscal Year 2017 on Tuesday. The budget goes into effect on July 1 and your tax dollar will be broken down this way:
- Fairfax County Public Schools: 53 cents
- Public Safety and Courts: 17 cents
- Health and Welfare: 13 cents
- Debt Service, Capital and Transfers: 7 cents
- General Government, which includes operations, elections and IT: 4 cents
- Public Works: 2 cents
- Community Development: 2 cents
- Libraries, Parks and Recreation: 2 cents
- The county government is undergoing a multi-year Lines of Business process to identify opportunities for budget cuts and efficiencies. It is a great opportunity for you to learn any details about how your county works and the services it provides.
- The budget is a year-round process and county staff are reviewing economic indicators and revenue estimates to prepare for the Fiscal Year 2018 budget.
Learn more about how the budget process works: