Read frequently asked questions about Families Applying for CCAR and Child Care Programs.
Weekly Child Care Rates
Child care rates vary from program to program and by age of the child and the hours the child care is needed. This chart provides a range of weekly rates for full-time child care in Fairfax County.*
|Family Child Care Providers||Child Care Centers|
|Infants||$250 - $325||$365- $478|
|Toddlers||$240 - $315||$340 - $459|
|Preschoolers||$200 - $300||$300 - $415|
|School-Age (full time)||$195 - $297||$200 - $300|
|Before and After School||$150 - $250||$150 - $250|
*This chart is for informational purposes only. The ranges represent the 20th-80th percentile of child care rates reported by local child care programs in the Fall of 2020. Individual programs determine their own rates, which may be higher or lower than the ranges above.
- Virginia Department of Health to apply for a birth certificate.
- New or Replacement Social Security number and Card.
- Search for state licensing program and their violations.
- Apply for child support or submit a payment.
Information from the Virginia Department of Social Services for Child Care Assistance Providers.
- Report child abuse and neglect to Child Protective Services.
- Access professional development and training.
- For information in accessing the USDA Food Program.