Infant &Toddler of Fairfax-Falls Church (ITC) serves children who:
- Are under the age of 3 years old and
- Live in Fairfax County or the cities of Fairfax or Falls Church and
- Meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Have a 25% or greater delay in at least one developmental area (cognitive, adaptive, receptive, or expressive language, social/emotional, fine motor, gross motor)
- Have a diagnosed condition that has a high probability of resulting in a developmental delay (examples include but are not limited to Down syndrome, hearing or visual impairment, failure to thrive, etc.)
- Have demonstrated atypical development (examples include but are not limited to: unintelligible speech, feeding concerns, etc.)
Please contact ITC as soon as you suspect a problem with your child’s development. These developmental checklists for ages birth through 3 years can give you an idea if your child is on track:
- Developmental Checklist (English, Spanish, Chinese*, Farsi*, Korean*, Vietnamese*)
- More information about typical developmental milestones can be found at Infant and Toddler Connection of Virginia.
* Fairfax County is committed to nondiscrimination in all county programs, services and activities. To request reasonable accommodations or to receive this information in an alternate format, call Virginia ITC at 1-800-234-1488 or TTY 1-804-771-5877.
Identifying a problem early in a child’s life can help a family obtain the services and supports needed to promote their child’s development. The first few years of a child’s life are a sensitive period in the process of development, laying a foundation in childhood and beyond for cognitive functioning; social and emotional skills; behavior and self-regulatory capacities; and physical health. Infant & Toddler Connection of Fairfax-Falls Church assists families of infants and toddlers birth to 3 with developmental delays and/or disabilities in helping their children learn and develop through everyday activities and routines so that they can participate fully in family and community activities.