Infant & Toddler Connection provides early intervention services for infants and toddlers under the age of 3 years who have a developmental delay, atypical development, or a diagnosis which commonly results in developmental delays.
Parents contact us when they have concerns about their child's development.
These developmental checklists for ages birth through 3 years can give you an idea if your child is on track:
- Developmental Checklist (English, Spanish, Chinese*, Farsi*, Korean*, Vietnamese*)
- More information about typical developmental milestones can be found at Infant and Toddler Connection of Virginia.
When you contact ITC, our intake coordinator will discusses your concerns and gather information to better understand those concerns. The intake coordinator then links parents to a service coordinator, who will schedule a brief screening assessment.
If your child is found eligible for ITC services, a comprehensive evaluation is scheduled with a team of therapists and a service plan is developed, including input from parents. The plan focuses on what parents want their child to accomplish and how activities in the family's everyday routines can be used to reach the specific goals of the child. Anyone can make a referral to ITC.
- Is your child under age 3? If yes, proceed. If no, please visit Child Find, a service of Fairfax County Public Schools.
- Do you live in Fairfax County or the cities of Fairfax or Falls Church? If yes, proceed. If no, visit the referral directory of ITC services throughout Virginia.
* Fairfax County is committed to nondiscrimination in all county programs, services and activities. To request reasonable accommodations or to receive this information in an alternate format, call Virginia ITC at 1-800-234-1488 or TTY 1-804-771-5877.