Development Services Contact Information

Questions Related to Building Permits and Plans

Questions Related to the Planning and Development of Sites

Speak to an engineer regarding your site plans: 703-324-2268, TTY 711, (formerly known as EOD)

General Questions about the ePlans Process

703-222-0801, option 2, TTY 711 or

Questions Related to Planning and Development (Zoning)

  • Zoning Permits (Plats, Permit Review, Occupancy, Home Occupations) 703-222-1082, TTY 711
  • Zoning Administration (Zoning & Noise Ordinance Questions, Appeals, Signs) 703-324-1314, TTY 711
  • Zoning Evaluation (Zoning Applications, Staff Reports) 703-324-1290, TTY 711
  • Planning Division (Comprehensive Plan) 703-324-1380, TTY 711

Public Records Requests

Most LDS records are available online. If you don’t find what you need, submit a FOIA request or email FOIA staff at

Assistance and answers provided by Engineers and Planners of the Day are preliminary in nature and does not constitute a binding determination for land use or approval of plans. Customer must submit an official land use determination request and/or professional building/site plans for review.

Fairfax Virtual Assistant