- Public meetings now underway through Oct. 30, 2017. Can't make a meeting? View the presentation online.
Prioritizing Proposed Transportation Projects for Funding
The Fairfax County Board of Supervisors and Fairfax County Department of Transportation (FCDOT) are seeking feedback from the community to help prioritize unfunded transportation projects in the county. The results of this outreach will assist the Board of Supervisors in selecting transportation priorities that can be implemented with existing revenue sources through Fiscal Year 2023, and with additional funding that may become available in the future.
The county has identified more than 100 unfunded capital and operating projects important for improving the efficiency and safety of the county's transportation network. These projects are in addition to the approximately 300 projects that are already funded and underway (in the amount of approximately $3 billion).
These unfunded projects would provide new capacity, and include interchange improvements, roadway extensions, spot improvements, roadway widening projects, transit, and pedestrian and bicycle improvements. With very limited amount of funding available for these proposed projects (approximately $100 million), the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors would like to know which of these projects are most important to you. Below are some resources on the proposed unfunded projects as well as projects already funded and currently underway:
- Public Meetings Presentation (SlideShare)
- List of Proposed Unfunded Projects
*NOTE: In this interactive map, you can view both the unfunded projects under consideration, and the projects already funded and currently underway.
Public Input is Welcomed!
FCDOT has scheduled a series of public meetings for the community to learn more about the projects proposed for funding. Each of the meetings will begin with an open house followed by a formal presentation and a Q&A session. There will be map display boards for residents to view of the unfunded projects as well as transportation projects currently underway. These meetings will be held at:
- South County Government Center – 8350 Richmond Highway, Alexandria – Wednesday, Oct. 11, 2017, from 7-9 p.m.
- North County Governmental Center – 1801 Cameron Glen Drive, Reston – Thursday, Oct. 12, 2017, from 7-9 p.m.
- Fairfax County Government Center – 12000 Government Center Parkway, Fairfax – Monday, Oct. 23, 2017, from 7-9 p.m.
- Thomas Jefferson Library – 7415 Arlington Boulevard, Falls Church – Monday, Oct. 30, 2017, from 7-9 p.m.
★ONLINE SURVEY - Comments accepted through Nov. 9, 2017
You can also let FCDOT know which projects you want to be considered for funding by filling out a survey. Your responses are confidential and you may take the survey only once. Comments are accepted through Thursday, Nov. 9, 2017:
- Take the survey online now!
Stay Informed and Spread the Word
If you would like to stay informed or spread the word in your community on the ways to provide input:
- Follow and share our posts with the hashtag #TPP17 on Facebook and Twitter.
- Sign-up for "Transportation News and Information" email and text alerts through Fairfax Alerts.
FCDOT ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you need this information in an alternate format, contact FCDOT at 703-877-5600, TTY 711. Requests for assistance must be received at least 7 business days in advance of an event.