Fairfax County commutes will be impacted Aug. 11-26, 2018, due to major Metrorail service disruptions on the Orange, Silver and Blue Lines. Commuters should plan for their travel NOW:
- View all Fairfax County travel options here
- OL - Vienna Metrorail Station - Fairfax Connector Supplemental express bus service to the Pentagon
- OL - Government Center P&R - Fairfax Connector 699 express bus service to Downtown D.C.
- SL - Reston South P&R - Fairfax Connector Route 599 Supplemental express service to the Pentagon
- Connector Route 599 Express Service to the Pentagon will not serve bus stop ID# 3311 (Sunset Hills Rd and Isaac Newton Sq) and Stop ID# 3342 (Sunset Hill Rd and Wiehle Ave) through Aug. 26, 2018. Passengers should board at bus stop ID# 5942 (Reston North P&R).
- SL - Wiehle-Reston East Metrorail Station - Fairfax Connector 599 express service to Pentagon - Pentagon City - Crystal City
- SL - Herndon-Monroe P&R - Metrobus 5A express service to Rosslyn & L'Enfant Plaza
- BL - Franconia-Springfield Metrorail Station - VRE Fredericksburg Line - via Franconia-Springfield or Alexandria to Crystal City, L'Enfant Plaza and Union Station
- BL - Saratoga P&R - Fairfax Connector 393, 394, 395 express service to Pentagon
- BL - Rolling Valley P&R - Fairfax Connector 310 to Huntington Metrorail Stations
Service Disruptions and Travel Information
|Date||Service/Facilities Impacted||Activity||Key Travel Options|
|August 11-25, 2018||Metrorail Orange, Silver & Blue||
Plan Ahead for Upcoming Impacts to Your Commute
When major events impact travel all commuters are urged to telework, rideshare and use alternate transit options described below. These major events include Metro disruptions, long-term construction work, and emergency situations.
- Ridesharing - 3 Things to Know NOW!
- Call or visit Commuter Connections to find potential carpool riders in your neighborhood,or to start a vanpool with neighbors or colleagues along your commute, or enroll in Guaranteed Ride Home program for emergencies.
- Check local slug line organizers for carpooling opportunities. All county Park-and-Ride facilities are available for sluggers to set-up lines!
- Use the I-95 and I-495 Express Lanes for FREE with 3 people in a car (you’ll need an Express Lanes E-ZPass Flex transponder, though); and take advantage of the SmartBenefits transit benefits to help pay for your commute.
- Park-and-Rides and Bus Connections
- Virginia Railway Express (VRE)
For day-to-day information and assistance with your Fairfax County travel:
- Sign-up for Fairfax County text/email “Commuter Alerts” at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/alerts.
- Call Fairfax County Commuter Services (FCCS) at 703-877-5900, TTY 711, or visit www.commuterconnections.org, for assistance with ridesharing services and planning.
- Call Fairfax Connector's Telephone Information Center (TIC) at 703-339-7200, TTY 703-339-1608, for information on bus connections.