Service Disruptions and Travel Information
|Date||Service/Facilities Impacted||Activity||Key Travel Options|
|November 9-12, 2018||Metrorail Blue & Yellow||Switch work outside Reagan National Airport
& new concrete pads beneath the rails along the aerial structure at the airport station.
|November 26 to December 9, 2018||Metrorail Yellow||Structural repairs and rail infrastructure improvements
on Yellow Line bridge over Potomac River
Take advantage of HOV-3 and Express Lanes by carpooling with neighbors, co-workers or others along your commute.
- Call or visit Commuter Connections for assistance finding or starting a carpool or vanpool.
- Enroll in the Guaranteed Ride Home program for emergencies.
- Check local slug line organizers for ridesharing opportunities, and utilize Fairfax County Park & Ride facilities to carpool.
Consider teleworking if your employer policy and procedures permit.
- Fairfax County employers, including business, nonprofit organizations and government agencies, may access free technical support to develop teleworking policies by contacting Fairfax County Commuter Services, a program of the Fairfax County Department of Transportation.
Plan Ahead for Upcoming Impacts to Your Commute
When major events impact travel all commuters are urged to telework, rideshare and use alternate transit options described below. These major events include Metro disruptions, long-term construction work, and emergency situations.
- Ridesharing - 3 Things to Know NOW!
- Call or visit Commuter Connections to find potential carpool riders in your neighborhood,or to start a vanpool with neighbors or colleagues along your commute, or enroll in Guaranteed Ride Home program for emergencies.
- Check local slug line organizers for carpooling opportunities. All county Park-and-Ride facilities are available for sluggers to set-up lines!
- Use the I-95 and I-495 Express Lanes for FREE with 3 people in a car (you’ll need an Express Lanes E-ZPass Flex transponder, though); and take advantage of the SmartBenefits transit benefits to help pay for your commute.
- Park-and-Rides and Bus Connections
- Virginia Railway Express (VRE)
For day-to-day information and assistance with your Fairfax County travel:
- Sign-up for Fairfax County text/email “Commuter Alerts” at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/alerts.
- Call Fairfax County Commuter Services (FCCS) at 703-877-5900, TTY 711, or visit www.commuterconnections.org, for assistance with ridesharing services and planning.
- Call Fairfax Connector's Telephone Information Center (TIC) at 703-339-7200, TTY 703-339-1608, for information on bus connections.