- **Committee meeting schedule and minutes**
- Check out Trail Buddy, a new Fairfax Parks trail mapping tool!
- May 20, 2016, is Bike to Work Day! Check Out the Online Bike Map Before You Go
- Who Does What? Streets, Sidewalks and Trails Maintenance Questions Answered
The Trails and Sidewalks Committee evaluates existing facilities for trails, sidewalks and bicycle routes and assists the county in producing maps of these facilities, and plans new facilities. Committee members also evaluate subdivision plans and site plans for trail facilities.
- Vision: To ensure that residents and others can easily and safely travel between and through major commercial, residential, and natural areas using non-motorized transportation.
- Bylaws and Charter
The membership of this committee consists of representatives from the nine magisterial districts, an at-large representative, and representatives from the following organizations:
- Fairfax County Park Authority
- Northern Virginia Regional Park Authority
- Clifton Horse Society
- Washington Area Bicyclist Association
- Northern Virginia Builder's Industry Association
- Fairfax Area Disability Services Board
- Fairfax County Federation of Citizens Associations
Staff from the Fairfax County Department of Transportation (FCDOT) and Fairfax County Park Authority assist the committee. For more information on the committee, contact FCDOT at 703-877-5600, TTY 711, or submit your question through the online form on this web page.