The Sheriff’s Office is responsible for the process, service and execution of legal documents on individuals and businesses in civil matters. Our jurisdiction is Fairfax County, City of Fairfax, Town of Herndon and Town of Vienna.
Service of Civil Documents
- Regular business hours for service of civil documents: 6 a.m.- 4 p.m., Monday-Friday.
- For more information, call 703-246-3227, press 3. [TTY for hearing impaired is 711.]
- Executing eviction orders - Learn all the steps in the eviction process.
- Sheriff's sale of seized vehicles
- Executing court ordered levies: This action requires the Sheriff’s Office to affect the plaintiff’s legal claim (judgment) upon specific property of the defendant in preparation for future sale if the judgment has not been satisfied by the defendant prior to the scheduled sale date.
FEES for Sheriff's Office services
The Sheriff's civil enforcement office is located in the Fairfax County Courthouse, to the left of the main information desk. Office hours are 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m., Monday-Friday.
The mailing address is Fairfax County Sheriff's Office, Civil Enforcement Section, 4110 Chain Bridge Road, Fairfax, VA 22030.