The Fairfax County Sheriff's Office derives its legal authority from the Virginia Constitution, Code of Virginia and Fairfax County Code of Ordinances. In line with its legal authority, the Sheriff's Office adheres to a set of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
The Sheriff's Office has nine categories of SOPs. We are making available the majority of these SOPs except where there are security concerns or they are under review.
- SOP 000 Series: General Administration and Personnel Management
- SOP 100 Series: Emergency and Special Situations
- SOP 200 Series: Inmate Services and Programs
- SOP 300 Series: Alternative Incarceration Branch General Administration
- SOP 400 Series: Medical Services (under review)
- SOP 500 Series: Confinement
- SOP 600 Series: Inmate Classification and Records Management
- SOP 700 Series: Court Services Division General Administration
- SOP 800 Series: Court Services Division Civil Enforcement Branch