It's as Easy as 1-2-3!
- FIND your stop ID
- TEXT FFX [stop ID] to 41411
- To get started, text “FFX”, a space, and your stop number to 41411.
- For example, text FFX 6978 to 41411
- To narrow your results to a specific route serving the stop, you can add the route number to your request.
- For example, text FFX 6978 rt394 to 41411
- RECEIVE estimated arrival time
- You will receive a text that details the estimated arrival times of either all buses stopping at the location or the next bus for the specific route you indicated.
*Important note: Message and data rates may apply. Check with your mobile carrier first. If you need help, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How it Works
Here's how the text messages you send and receive might look if you were going to catch a RIBS4 bus at Fountain Drive at Cameron Avenue (which stops at stop ID 1971). The bus stop sign at the stop will say to: "Text FFX 1971 to 41411 for estimated arrival times."
NOTE: When you use BusTracker via text for the first time, the system asks you to confirm your request - just respond with "Y" to confirm.
This example response says that, as of 2:25 PM, at stop 1971 (at Fountain Drive at Baron Cameron Avenue), BusTracker estimates that a RIBS4 bus to North Point and Wiehle Metro is due to arrive in 7 minutes, and then another one should arrive in about 48 minutes.
- You can also reply to this message with "S" to get any service bulletins that may affect your trip, or "R" to get the latest, most updated result for the same stop.
- If your stop has multiple routes serving it, your results may not fit in one text message. In that case, you can also reply with "N" to see the next result for the stop you requested.
- If you have subscribed to receive text messages for service alerts or arrivals at scheduled times from the Fairfax Connector BusTracker website, you can always reply with (or send a new text with) "STOP" to unsubscribe.
(Remember: Message and data rates may apply. Check with your mobile carrier first.)