FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 3, 2018
Fairfax County Department of Transportation (FCDOT) is requesting feedback on proposed Fairfax Connector service changes to Routes 171 and 699. The proposed changes aim to increase ridership and to enhance the customer experience through improved on-time performance and service reliability.
FCDOT will hold an outreach event on the proposed changes, Thursday, May 17, 2018 from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. at Irving Middle School, 8100 Old Keene Mill Rd in Springfield. The meeting will include a presentation at 7:00 p.m. on the proposed changes and Fairfax Connector representatives will be on hand to answer questions and take feedback from attendees.
Route 171 – Richmond Highway
• Eliminate the last Friday evening northbound and southbound trip based on travel data.
Route 699 – Government Center – Downtown D.C.
• Formalize the pilot changes to the route instituted in March 2018 to include the addition of 2 new stops in Downtown D.C.
Public Feedback is Welcomed
Rider feedback is welcomed on the proposed changes until 5 p.m. on Friday, June 8, 2018. To comment on the proposed route changes:
- Fill out a comment form at the public meeting on May 17, 2018.
- Email comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call 703-339-7200, TTY 711.
Connect with Fairfax Connector!
- Visit www.fairfaxconnector.com
- Sign-up for alerts at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/connector/bustracker
- Follow us on Twitter & Facebook
- Call 703-339-7200, TTY 703-339-1608
- Visit a Connector Transit Store