For Immediate Release
May 29, 2019
There are many ways from bus to bike to get to all the fun at the Herndon Festival this weekend, Thursday, May 30, 2019 - Sunday, June 2, 2019! The Festival has moved to a new location this year to Northwest Federal Credit Union, 200 Spring Street in Herndon (intersection of Spring Street and Herndon Parkway). Fairfax Connector will have a booth at the Festival on Saturday and Sunday in the Business Expo location. Come talk to Connector staff to find out about all of your transportation options and service on Fairfax Connector. Look forward to seeing you there!
Transportation Options for the Herndon Festival
Take Fairfax Connector Local Service
Fairfax Connector Routes 950 and RIBS 5 operate along Herndon Parkway in front of the Herndon Festival location.
- Route 950 - Ride from Wiehle-Reston East Metrorail Station to the intersection of Elden Street and Herndon Parkway. Walk down Herndon Parkway toward Spring Street to the Herndon Festival.
- Route 505 - Ride to Reston Town Center Transit Station and transfer to the RIBS 5 bus to exit at Herndon Parkway and Spring Street.
- RIBS 5 - Takes you past the intersection of Herndon Parkway and Spring St - the location of Herndon Festival.
Take the Metrorail Silver Line
- Ride the Metrorail Silver Line to the Wiehle-Reston Metrorail Station then take Route 950 directly to the Herndon Festival
- Take Route 505 to Reston Town Center Transit Station and transfer to RIBS 5, which will take you to the Festival.
Bike to the Festival
- The Herndon Festival features a FREE Bike Valet service until 10:00 pm on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and until closing on Sunday. Bike racks will be located off Herndon Parkway. Relax and enjoy the Festival - knowing your bike is safe with the Bike Valet.
Ride Free Shuttles Provided by Fairfax Connector
Take the free and convenient shuttle buses provided by Fairfax Connector to the Herndon Festival from the locations and schedules below:
The shuttle bus stops at the Peraton building off Worldgate Drive and Herndon High School. The Worldgate stop is to the east of the lower level parking garage entrance off Worldgate Drive. The Herndon High School stop is in front of the main entrance of the High School. The buses run on a 15-20 minute loop.
Anyone planning to attend the Herndon Festival is encouraged to take advantage of free parking and shuttle bus service departing every ten minutes from both the Peraton building and Herndon High School during the Festival hours.
Shuttle Bus Locations:
- Herndon High School: 700 Bennett St, Herndon, VA 20170
- Peraton Building off Worldgate Drive: 13037 Worldgate Dr., Herndon, VA 20170 (parking available at the Peraton building -12975 Worldgate Drive, Herndon)
Shuttle Bus Service Hours:
- Thursday, May 30, 6:00 pm-10:00 pm
- Friday, May 31 5:00 pm-11:00 pm
- Saturday, June 1, 10:00 am-11:00 pm
- Sunday, June 2, 10:00 am-7:00 pm