For Immediate Release
June 2, 2021
To continue to improve transit service in Fairfax County, effective Saturday, July 10, 2021, Fairfax Connector will assume operations of five (5) Metrobus routes from the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA), and make minor service changes to five (5) existing Fairfax Connector routes, as approved by the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors. Members of the public provided input on these proposed service changes in the fall of 2020 at virtual community meetings and through an online survey.
Transfer of Select Metrobus Routes to Fairfax Connector – Effective July 10, 2021
On July 10, 2021, Fairfax Connector will assume operations of five (5) Metrobus routes, four (4) of which are currently not operating due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Fairfax Connector will restore and provide enhanced service on these routes serving key areas in Fairfax County with connections to the McLean, East Falls Church, West Falls Church, and the Pentagon Metrorail Stations. These routes serve approximately 69,000 residents and provide access to more than 36,000 jobs within the County. The conversion of the Metrobus routes to Fairfax Connector routes are:
|Old Metrobus Route||New Fairfax Connector Route|
- Route 703: Pimmit Hills – West Falls Church (replaces Metrobus Route 3T)
- Route 715: East Falls Church – Dolly Madison (replaces Metrobus Route 15K)
- Provides weekday rush hour service every 30 minutes with improved connectivity linking McLean, Salona Village and Chesterbrook Gardens to the East Falls Church Metrorail Station.
- Route 803: Annandale Road – East Falls Church (replaces Metrobus Route 3A)
- Provides weekday and Saturday service, linking Lake Barcroft, Annandale, and North Springfield to the East Falls Church Metrorail Station.
- Operates every 30 minutes during weekday rush hours; every 40 to 60 minutes during weekday non-rush hours; and every 45 minutes on weekends.
- Route 834: Pentagon – Northern Virginia Community College’s Annandale Campus Route (replaces Metrobus Route 29C)
- Route 835: Braeburn Drive – Pentagon - Route 835 (replaces Metrobus Route 29W)
- Provides weekday rush hour service every 30 minutes linking the Northern Virginia Community College and Willow Woods communities to the Pentagon Metrorail Station.
- Express service - $4.25.
Fairfax Connector Service Changes - Effective July 10, 2021
- Route 171: Richmond Highway
- Route 422: Boone Boulevard – Howard Avenue
- Route 462: Dunn Loring – Tysons Corner
- Route 467: Dunn Loring – Tysons Corner
- Operates weekday midday and evenings, and on weekends between the Dunn Loring and Tysons Corner Metrorail Stations servicing Maple Avenue, as well as Old Courthouse Road to Gallows Road.
- Operates every 40 minutes on weekdays and Saturdays. Sunday service has been added, operating every 40 minutes, and hours of service have been improved.
- Route 630: Stringfellow Road – Centreville
- Improved connections along Stringfellow Road with access to a new senior living facility at Stringfellow Road and Autumn Willow Drive.
- Continues to provide midday and weekend service along Stringfellow Road between Lee Highway (Route 29), and the Stringfellow Road Park-and-Ride.
Stay Connected and Informed
- Visit www.fairfaxconnector.com for schedule and service information.
- Sign-up for text and email alerts at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/connector/bustracker.
- Call customer service at 703-339-7200, TTY 703-339-1608, or e-mail the team at email@example.com.
- Follow us on Twitter @ffxconnector or like us on Facebook/fairfaxconnector.