For Immediate Release
April 14, 2023
Fairfax County Department of Transportation (FCDOT) invites you to provide feedback on the proposed update of its Title VI program. Title VI policies ensure equitable distribution of transit service changes and as part of the update process the public is encouraged to give input on:
• Major Service Changes are changes significant enough to require special analysis that ensure that the proposed changes will not have discriminatory effects on minority or low-income areas.
• Disparate Impact describes a service change that may have discriminatory effects on minority areas.
• Disproportionate Burden describes a service change that may have discriminatory effects on low-income areas.
Proposed Major Service Change Policy
A major service change is a numerical threshold in change of service that determines when changes are large enough in scale to require the individual transit system to perform a service equity analysis. FCDOT’s proposed Major Service Change Policy is as follows: A major service change is defined as either an increase or a decrease of 25 percent or more in either daily revenue service hours, revenue service miles, or both for the individual route being modified.
Proposed Disparate Impact/Disproportionate Burden Policy
A Disparate Impact/Disproportionate Burden policy defines a numerical threshold that determines when a “major service change” impacts minority riders or burdens low-income riders at a rate greater than the non-minority or non-low-income riders.
Learn more about the Title VI 2023 Update.
Ways to Provide Feedback Through Friday, May 5, 2023
We invite you to share your thoughts on these important policies through May 5, 2023:
- Take a brief survey (available in the languages below):
- Email your comments to email@example.com
- Call 703-877-5600, TTY 711
- Mailing your comments to: Fairfax County Department of Transportation, Attention: Title VI Plan Update, 4050 Legato Road, Suite 400, Fairfax, VA 22033-2895
If you have additional questions or would like material in another language, please contact FCDOT at 703-877-5600, TTY 711.
Stay Connected with Fairfax Connector
- Watch “How to Ride” Video: English and Español
- To receive notifications for your bus route, sign up for BusTracker email or text alerts
- For more information about Connector service, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 703-339-7200, TTY 711
- Follow us on Twitter @ffxconnector or like us on Facebook
- Sign-up for alerts at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/alerts
- Visit https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/connector/news