Beginning Dec. 4, 2017, Fairfax Connector Route 699 will provide express service from the Fairfax County Government Center, via I-66, directly to major regional employment and educational centers in downtown Washington, D.C., including the U.S. Department of State, the World Bank and The George Washington University Campus.
Schedule and Fares - 4 Things to Know
- Regular express fare: $4.25; older adults and people with disabilities: $2:10. Pay using a SmarTrip card or cash. Ride Free the week of December 4-8, 2017
- Ten morning rush-hour inbound trips and 10 afternoon rush hour outbound trips. Morning service with regular departures (approximately every 20 minutes) from the Fairfax County Government Center to downtown D.C. begins at 5:40 a.m. with the last departure at 8:25 a.m. The average ride time is 45 minutes. Afternoon service with regular departures (approximately every 22 minutes) begins at 3:25 p.m., from Virginia Avenue & 21 Street NW. Last departure from D.C. will be at 6:43 p.m. from 19 Street & F Street NW.
- To depart D.C. midday, take the Metrorail Orange Line to Vienna and connect to Fairfax Connector Route 621 midday service that connects to the Government Center.
- For emergencies, sign-up for Guaranteed Ride Home.
Stops in Downtown D.C.
|Virginia Avenue NW & 21st Street||State Department, Federal Reserve, National Academy of Sciences and Office of Personnel Management|
|Virginia Avenue NW & 19th Street NW||Department of the Interior and Constitution Avenue NW|
|18th Street NW and E Street NW||General Services Administration|
|19th Street NW & F Street NW||World Bank, International Monetary Fund, George Washington University and Farragut West Metrorail|
Parking and Transit Connections
- Free parking is available at the park and ride lot at the Fairfax County Government Center
- Connect to the Government Center via Fairfax Connector Routes 605, 621/622/623, and Metrobus 1C
For More Information
For day-to-day information and assistance with Fairfax Connector service:
- Sign up for Fairfax Connector BusTracker for real-time passenger information.
- Call our Telephone Information Center (TIC) at 703-339-7200, TTY 703-339-1608, for information on bus connections.
- Visit www.fairfaxconnector.com for schedule information.
- Visit a Connector Transit Stor for trip-planning, fare media, and more.